Seed Starting Kit: Three Types of Tomatoes
This is a simple seed starting kit for tomatoes. Everything you needs to get started.You can start them in the peat pellets and let them grow until they are transplant size. No need to pot them up into other containers.
The peat pellets are large 50 mm x 95 mm or about 1 3/4" x 31/2". The 6 peat pellets will sit in a foil muffin pan. They can be watered right in the tin and it is the perfect size for a grow-light to sit over it. You can easily move them around. Give them some outdoor sun when you can.
You will get 3 full packs (as sold on my shop) of heirloom tomato seeds. You'll get a small cherry for 100's of quarter sized tomatoes. You will get the 'Homestead' for medium baseball sized tomatoes and a large beefsteak to push the 16 ounce mark. Plenty of seeds for several years of planting. Purchase this package or assemble the pieces locally. It is a great simple system for growing tomato transplants.
- Start them indoors 6-8 weeks before the last frost in your area.
- If you are using grow-lights, they should get 16 hours of light.
- If you are starting them by a window, it is important the get full direct sun for 8 hours or more. You can take them outside if needed for 1 or 2 hours daily when temperatures are over 45 degrees.
- Simply drop the pellets in warm water and wait 15 minutes. Refill as needed until they are fully expanded.
- Flatten the bottoms of the expanded pellets so they sit nicely in the tin.
- Peel back some netting if needed and plant 2 seeds about 1/4" deep and cover.Thin to 1 seed when they are about 1" high.
- Water daily or as need by filling the tin. The pellets will draw water as needed.
- When you are ready to put them in the ground, cut the netting down one side and bury the transplant covering 1/3 of the stem. Roots will grow out the stem.
I am only shipping items to the USA, Australia, Canada, United Kingdom and India at this time. Use the Codes found above the Check-Out Cart symbol for Discounts to save up to 15%.
International shipping rates apply to all orders outside the USA. I can not be responsible for lost International orders, please select tracking. Sorry.